Every child is special, so is their need for proper dental care. At Comfort Dental Care, we understand the needs of kids, and we want to make sure that they grow up feeling comfortable in the dentist’s office.
Some of the pediatric dental services offered at our practice are listed below:
- Sealants: Sealants are an invisible, thin layer of plastic that is painted on to the grooves and depressions on the chewing surface of the back teeth to prevent decay. Sealants are mostly used on the permanent molars of children. They are long-lasting and can protect teeth for many years.
- Fluoride Applications: Professional fluoride treatments can prevent the occurrence of tooth decay in children and can strengthen the enamel. The fluoride solution used in professional treatments has a higher strength than over-the-counter mouth rinses and toothpastes. The treatment takes only a few minutes to complete and consists of applying fluoride to the surface of the teeth in the form of gel, varnish or foam. The application is done using a brush or cotton swab or by means of a tray that can be worn over the teeth.
- Fillings: To help repair decayed teeth, our practice offers tooth-colored fillings which can be made to match the shade of your child’s teeth.
- Crowns: A crown is a cover that is permanently cemented over a tooth with the purpose of strengthening or repairing it. Crowns have a variety of applications in restorative dentistry. They can also be used to cover and protect a tooth that has been weakened due to infection, fracture, trauma, or has undergone root canal treatment. This adds strengths to the tooth and prevents further damage.
- Emergency Dentistry: We offer emergency dental appointments for children in case they undergo trauma, or are having problems such as severe tooth pain, a dislodged tooth, or damaged restorations.